The Regional Transport Committee is responsible for preparing the Regional Land Transport Plan, or any significant variation to it.
- Monitors implementation of the regional land transport plan.
- Makes recommendations in support of land transport activities that are eligible for national funding and align with the regional land transport plan.
- Co-ordinate, integrate and adopt regional transport and land-use strategies and plans
g. sub-regional spatial plans.
- Provides advocacy on strategic regional and inter-regional transport matters to CentralGovernment and other key stakeholders as appropriate.
- Provides the Regional Council with any advice and assistance the Regional Council may request in relation to its transport responsibilities.
- Approves submissions to Central Government, local authorities and other agencies on Regional Transport Committee matters.
- Monitors and provides advocacy on regional road safety matters.
|Bay of Plenty Regional Council||
Cr Lyall Thurston (Chair)
Cr Ken Shirley (Deputy Chair)
|Cr Andrew von Dadelszen|
|Kawerau District Council||Mayor Faylene Tunui||Cr Berice Julian (alternate)|
|Ōpōtiki District Council||Mayor David Moore||Cr Tom Brooks (alternate)|
|Rotorua Lakes Council||Mayor Tania Tapsell||Cr Conan O’Brien (alternate)|
|Tauranga City Council||Commission Chair Anne Tolley||Commissioner Stephen Selwood|
|Western Bay of Plenty District Council||Mayor James Denyer||Deputy Mayor John Scrimgeour (alternate)|
|Whakatāne District Council||Mayor Dr Victor Luca||Deputy Mayor Lesley Immink (alternate)|
|New Zealand Transport Agency||David Speirs, Director Regional Relationships||Cole O’Keefe|
|KiwiRail (non-voting member)||Angus Hodgson, Manager - Policy and Shareholder||Lyndon Hammond, Manager NLTF Programme, Government Relations - Policy & Planning, KiwiRail|
- Glen Crowther - Environmental Sustainability Advisor
- Greg Pert – Freight Advisor
- Acting Inspector Senior Sergeant Fane Troy – Road Safety Advisor
- Dan Kneebone, Property and Infrastructure Manager - Port Advisor
- Stacey Spall – NZ Automobile Association Advisor