The Regional Transport Committee is responsible for preparing the Regional Land Transport Plan, or any significant variation to it.
- Monitors implementation of the regional land transport plan.
- Makes recommendations in support of land transport activities that are eligible for national funding and align with the regional land transport plan.
- Co-ordinate, integrate and adopt regional transport and land-use strategies and plans
g. sub-regional spatial plans.
- Provides advocacy on strategic regional and inter-regional transport matters to CentralGovernment and other key stakeholders as appropriate.
- Provides the Regional Council with any advice and assistance the Regional Council may request in relation to its transport responsibilities.
- Approves submissions to Central Government, local authorities and other agencies on Regional Transport Committee matters.
- Monitors and provides advocacy on regional road safety matters.
|Bay of Plenty Regional Council||
Cr Lyall Thurston (Chair)
Cr Jane Nees (Deputy Chair)
|Cr Norm Bruning|
|Kawerau District Council||Mayor Malcolm Campbell||Deputy Mayor Faylene Tunui|
|Ōpōtiki District Council||Mayor Lyn Riesterer||Cr David Moore|
|Rotorua Lakes Council||Mayor Steve Chadwick||Deputy Mayor David Donaldson|
|Tauranga City Council||Commission Chair Anne Tolley||Commissioner Stephen Selwood|
|Western Bay of Plenty District Council||Mayor Garry Webber||Deputy Mayor John Scrimgeour|
|Whakatāne District Council||Mayor Judy Turner||Deputy Mayor Andrew Iles|
|New Zealand Transport Agency||David Speirs, Director Regional Relationships||Cole O’Keefe|
- Glen Crowther - Environmental Sustainability Advisor
- John Galbraith - Freight Advisor
- Inspector Brent Crowe, Road Policing Manager - Road Safety Advisor
- Dan Kneebone, Property and Infrastructure Manager - Port Advisor