If you intend to operate a commercial vessel for hire or reward that is not subject to Maritime Rules, please complete this form to apply for a Navigation Safety Licence under the Bay of Plenty Regional Navigation Safety Bylaw 2017.
For further information, please contact the Maritime Team at 0800 5knots (0800 556 687).
Please note your application will be evaluated in terms of the safety measures employed for this activity.
Safe Operating Plan (SOP)
Please note you'll need to attach a copy of the activity/events Safe Operating Plan. To enable us to assess your application, this should include detail such as, but not restricted to:
- Number and type of vessels and/or people involved.
- Qualification and/or experience of operator(s).
- Average and maximum speed of vessels.
- Map of activity course(s) and the location of any support vessel, first aid, entry and exit points, etc.
- Operating procedures, e.g. briefing, start process, during the activity, finishing and debriefing.
- Operational limits with regards to the weather, eg wind, tide, rain, swell etc.
- Hours of operation.
- First aid equipment and first aid trained personal on site.
- Communication process (VHF, UHF, Mobile phones, PA, etc.).
- List of all safety equipment on site and or carried in vessels. List any users of the area, commercial and recreational, that could be affected or affect the activity.
- Compliance with Maritime safety regulations, e.g. life jackets, vessels in safe ship management, etc.
- Any insurance, health and safety or any other relevant safety documentation.
- Any other relevant information.