Bay of Plenty Regional Council has a Duty Flood Manager who:
- Monitors weather forecasts and monitoring sites.
- Determines level of response and mobilise teams as required.
- Issues warning to landowners and public.
- Works with field operations staff to monitor pump stations and other infrastructure during rainfall events.
- Responds to queries and concerns from the public.
- Liaises with District and City Councils, Civil Defence and Dam Operators.
To contact the Duty Flood Manager, please call 0800 884 881 x9845.