Our regional development work involves collaborating with Māori and a variety of community stakeholders to develop initiatives to improve the Bay of Plenty region - socially, culturally, economically and environmentally.
We want to make sure our region grows in a way that keeps its values safe for future generations.
Bay of Plenty Regional Council guides and supports sustainable development in our region by:
- Growing the regional economy sustainably.
- Promoting and funding infrastructure to meet the needs of industries, residents and the environment.
- Improving the careers of residents and the successes of industries through education and training opportunities.
- Promoting the region as a great place to invest, live and visit.
- Adding value to industries within the region and building links with markets outside the region.
- Contributing to a range of other factors that influence regional economic development including telecommunications and affordable housing.