Setting up a direct debit is a secure, convenient way to pay your rates.
You'll be able to sign up for direct debits from early July. Please check back then.
Important direct debit information
- A direct debit arrangement means payments will be calculated to be spread across the rates year, rather than having to be paid in full by 20 October 2022. It also means that you won’t get charged a late payment penalty.
- If you are currently paying your rates by a direct debit you will need to set up a new direct debit for the Regional Council portion of the rates.
- Within the direct debit set-up, there is a wide range of frequency options and timings of instalments, including weekly or fortnightly on a Tuesday or Thursday, or monthly (on the 20th), or annually.
- This is handy for budgeting and means you don’t have to worry about remembering to make a payment.
- Our direct debit authorisation form will be available from early July.