Our Summer Experience Programme has been successfully running for 30 years at Toi Moana.
Each year our Summer Assistants have an important role - supporting our teams and completing significant pieces of work throughout the Bay of Plenty.
We believe that the best place to learn is on the job, getting hands-on experience in a field that interests you – what better place to do this than at Toi Moana?
What’s on offer?
- A 12-week summer programme with full induction and ongoing learning opportunities at the Regional Council.
- The opportunity to gain valuable work experience and/or apply the skills and knowledge you have developed in your studies.
- Support and mentoring on the job to help get you started.
- Diverse working environment and friendly team atmosphere.
How to apply
Applications have now closed for 2023/2024 Summer Experience Programme, which will run from 13 November 2023 to 2 February 2024. Candidates that have applied should expect to receive an update on their application within the next 10 days.
If you have any queries regarding the programme or want more details, please contact our People Support team on email@example.com
What past summer assistants have said about the programme
- This programme is life-changing. The work environment is phenomenal and so supportive, personal growth is inevitable and the experience is incredible. I am so thankful for my time here at Toi Moana and my advice to anyone who gets a role in the future would be to really get amongst it! Everyone at Toi Moana wants to see you succeed so take any and every opportunity you can to ask questions, be inquisitive because you never know what you might learn and how this will affect your future aspirations!
- Whether you're looking to dip your toe into a new field or fully immerse yourself in your area of interest, the summer program has something. The entire team at Toi Moana has been incredibly welcoming and supportive throughout the entire summer. I cannot recommend this program enough to anyone looking to learn from the best and make some lifelong connections.
- Whai wahitanga, claim your place in the world. You are your ancestors greatest achievement and wildest dreams. Think. Believe, achieve.
- You're empowered in your role to do mahi that is significant to the region. The welcoming and nurturing work environment makes the experience super enjoyable.
- Thank you for the experience, It was such a valuable experience where I was able to learn so much and connect with so many people who were more than happy to help, take you out on site visits and explain what they do. I am sad to leave this amazing workplace and I hope to come back one day.