We have a dedicated flood room set up for our flood team to work out of during a large scale flood event.
Flood room status
- Activated – Flood team set up in the flood room. During a flood event you can call the team on 0800 884 881 ext: 9845.
- Monitoring – Weather forecast indicates severe weather likely to affect the Bay of Plenty. Flood response preparations begin.
- Deactivated – Fair weather forecast. Duty Flood Manager on call.
Duty Flood Manager, Operations, Technical Support, Logistics, Information Hub.
The flood team works from a variety of locations across the region sending the latest event information through to the Duty Flood Manager.
24/7 on call Duty Flood Manager
- Rostered on 365 days of the year.
- Monitors weather forecasts, BOPRC rainfall and river level sites and coastal conditions.
- Determines level of flood response and mobilises the flood team.
- Issues flood warnings to rural landowners.
- Works with BOPRC Operations staff who monitor the Council’s flood protection infrastructure.
- Responds to queries and concerns from the public.
- Liaises with District and City Councils, CDEM and Dam Operators.