We have a dedicated flood room that is specially designed to support the flood team’s emergency flood response.
Flood room status
Activated – Flood team set up in the flood room; and operations staff in the field. During a flood event you can contact the team on +64 7 922 3375.
Monitoring – Duty Flood Manager on call 24/7 (+64 7 922 3375); maintaining overview of river levels, and analysis of weather patterns and forecasts likely to affect the Bay of Plenty.
Duty Flood Manager, Operations, Technical Support, Logistics, Information Hub.
The flood team works from a variety of locations across the region sending the latest event information through to the Duty Flood Manager.
24/7 on call Duty Flood Manager
- Rostered on 365 days of the year.
- Monitors weather forecasts, BOPRC rainfall and river level sites and coastal conditions.
- Determines level of flood response and mobilises the flood team.
- Issues flood warnings to rural landowners.
- Works with BOPRC Operations staff who monitor the Council’s flood protection infrastructure.
- Responds to queries and concerns from the public.
- Liaises with District and City Councils, CDEM and Dam Operators.