Applications are now closed for the School Sustainability and Resilience Fund, public voting opens 18 April.
The $30,000 fund supports schools and early childhood education centres to carry out sustainability projects and prepare for the impacts of climate change and natural hazards.
Who can apply?
Applications are open to all educational institutions within the Bay of Plenty, including:
- Primary, secondary and tertiary education providers
- Early childhood education centres
What projects are eligible?
Projects must contribute to one or more of the following categories:
- Raising awareness of and understanding natural hazards and/or climate change risks.
- Improving long-term resilience and sustainability.
- Reducing greenhouse gas emissions.
Project ideas could include, tsunami evacuation signs, bike racks, edible gardens, composting set-up, climate change education programmes.
Applicants can apply for $1,000 - $5,000 in funding (excl. GST).
There are two chances for your project to receive funding:
- Public voting round
Rally your whanau, because the Bay of Plenty community will vote for their favourite eligible projects. The public will be able to allocate funds to their chosen projects on Participate, our online engagement platform.
- Second chance opportunity
Eligible projects that are unsuccessful during the first voting round will take part in a second-chance opportunity – where the Bay of Plenty Regional Council’s Youth Involvement Project Panel will select their favourite projects.
Key dates for 2022
- Applications open: 31 January - 31 March
- Register for our Zoom information session: 11am Thursday 17 February
- Public online voting round open: 18 April - 14 May
- Youth Involvement Project Panel voting round open: 16-27 May
- Successful applicants announced: 30–31 May
- Funds allocated: By 30 June
Next steps for applicants
Join our Zoom information session for applicants on Thursday 17 February at 11am. Register your interest by emailing SSRfund@boprc.govt.nz.
Learn more about what we can fund and the application process.