You can help reduce greenhouse gas emissions and minimise your carbon footprint by making small but useful changes.
Be energy efficient by:
- Insulating your home and hot water cylinders.
- Using renewable energy sources rather than fossil fuels (for example solar heating).
- Ensuring your home heater is fuel efficient.
- Don't use aerosols that contain greenhouse gases.
Think about how you and your family and friends get around:
- Keep your motor vehicle well tuned and well looked after.
- Try cycling, walking or take the bus.
- Form a car pool.
Reduce carbon dioxide in our air:
- Don’t burn leaves in your garden – make compost.
- Look after the trees in your area.
- Plant a tree.