The Ballance Farm Environment Awards recognise and celebrate good farm practices which promotes sustainable land management through an annual awards programme.
Benefits of entering include:
- Linking sustainable farming practices to long-term profitability.
- Discussing practical farm information and business with judges from a range of fields.
- Gathering new ideas and different methods from other entrants.
- Confirming that your current farm management practices are sustainable.
- Prizes and recognition.
- Benchmark your farming business with others.
- Receive independent feedback from a team of agri-professionals.
- Promote the many great sustainability initiatives already happening on farms.
- Tell your own great farming story.
- Regional Supreme Award
- Ballance Agri-Nutrients Soil Management Award
- DairyNZ Sustainability and Stewardship Award
- Beef + Lamb New Zealand Livestock Award
- Hill Laboratories Agri-Science Award
- Massey University Innovation Award
- CB Norwood Agri-Business Management Award
- WaterForce Integrated Management Award
- Farm Stewardship Award
- Bay of Plenty Regional Council Environmental Awards
- Zespri Kiwifruit Orchard Award (unique to Bay of Plenty region only)
Who is involved?
- Ministry for Primary Industries
- Federated Farmers
- QUII National Trust
- Bay of Plenty Regional Council
- ZespriTM International Limited
- Ports of Tauranga