Use this form if your event in the Bay of Plenty Region requires uplifting of one or more of the current Bay of Plenty Regional Navigation Safety Bylaw (the ‘Bylaw’) or requires a partial or full lake closure.
For an aquatic event that does not require any bylaw uplifting or partial/full lake closure, please complete the Lake and Harbour Usage form.
Under the Current Bay of Plenty Regional Navigation Safety Bylaw, no person(s) other than the Maritime Team may remove, utilise or interfere with any navigation aids or moorings. If this is a requirement for your aquatic event, a cost will apply.
Safe Operating Plan (SOP)
Please note you'll need to attach a copy of the activity/events Safe Operating Plan. To enable us to assess your application, this should include detail such as, but not restricted to:
- Number and type of vessels and/or people involved.
- Qualification and/or experience of operator(s).
- Average and maximum speed of vessels.
- Map of activity course(s) and the location of any support vessel, first aid, entry and exit points, etc.
- Operating procedures, e.g. briefing, start process, during the activity, finishing and debriefing.
- Operational limits with regards to the weather, eg wind, tide, rain, swell etc.
- Hours of operation.
- First aid equipment and first aid trained personal on site.
- Communication process (VHF, UHF, Mobile phones, PA, etc.).
- List of all safety equipment on site and or carried in vessels. List any users of the area, commercial and recreational, that could be affected or affect the activity.
- Compliance with Maritime safety regulations, e.g. life jackets, vessels in safe ship management, etc.
- Any insurance, health and safety or any other relevant safety documentation.
- Any other relevant information.
Please note a downloadable form is available at the bottom of this page.