Five or fine:
- You must travel at a safe speed at all times. Take into account:
- The manoeuvrability of your craft.
- Wind and sea state.
- How busy it is on the water around you.
- Other water users.
- Hazards in the area.
- The depth of water.
- Remember the 5 knot rule.
Your boat must not exceed five knots when:
- Within 200 metres of the shore or a structure.
- Within 200 metres of any vessel flying the International Code A Flag, for example, a dive flag.
- Within 50 metres of another boat, raft or person in the water.
- When the boat has anyone at or on the bow, with any portion of his/her body extending over the fore part, bow or side of the vessel.