The Total Mobility scheme helps people with serious mobility constraints access subsidised door-to-door transport through approved transport providers based in Tauranga, Rotorua and Whakatāne.
Eligible scheme members present their Total Mobility photo identity card and vouchers to receive a 50% discount on door to door travel up to a maximum of $25 per trip (50% discount on $50 full fare).
To join the scheme applicants are assessed by approved assessment agencies. All agencies charge a fee for this service, please check what their assessment or membership fee(s) are.
The assessment process identifies whether your mobility constraint means you cannot manage any one or more of these components of a journey:
- Getting to the place from where the transport departs.
- Getting onto the transport.
- Riding securely.
- Getting off the transport.
- Getting to the final destination.
How do I apply for a Total Mobility card?
Contact a Total Mobility assessment agency to discuss eligibility and arrange an assessment
The assessment agency representative will talk through the assessment process and if appropriate arrange a suitable time to meet with a trained assessor.
Who are Total Mobility transport providers?
The following companies provide Total Mobility services in the Bay of Plenty:
- Tauranga Taxis - phone 07 578 6086 *
- NZ Cabs - phone 07 577 0304 *
- Kuber Taxis - 07 218 1718
- Rotorua Taxi Society Ltd. - phone 0800 500 000 *
- Taxi Cabs Rotorua - phone 07 347 9797 *
Eastern Bay of Plenty
- Dial A Cab - phone 07 308 0222 *
* Taxis fitted with wheelchair hoists are available in Whakatane, Tauranga and Rotorua.