Tauranga City Council administers rates on behalf of Bay of Plenty Regional Council.
For questions regarding the payment of your rates, payment options, due dates, penalties or remission policy contact Tauranga City Council.
For all other queries, contact us.
What your rates pay for
General Rate (land value) and Uniform Annual General Charge
- Integrated catchment management
- Flood protection and control
- Resource regulation and monitoring
- Public Transport
- Regional Development
- Regional Planning and engagement
- Democracy, Engagement and Planning
- Technical services
Kaituna Catchment Control scheme are calculated using a combination of area, site charges and the extent of service provided to part-fund the Kaituna Catchment Control work activity.
Tauranga Passenger Transport targeted rates are calculated as a fixed charge per property for Tauranga city to part-fund the Passenger Transport work activity.
Civil Defence Emergency Management targeted rates are calculated as a fixed charge per property for services provided by Civil Defence Emergency Management group.
Regional Safety and Rescue Services targeted rates are calculated on where the rateable unit is situated and fund organisations that provide safety and rescue services within the Bay of Plenty.
For more information visit the Rates Funding Impact Statement in our Long Term Plan 2021-2031, starting on page 174.
Rating Information Database
- The rating information database for Bay of Plenty Regional Council, and the Kaituna Catchment Control Scheme, is available for inspection at the offices of Tauranga City Council.
- Property owners may request in writing to Tauranga City Council, as Bay of Plenty Regional Council's rating agent, to withhold their name or postal address (or both) from the database.
- Tauranga City Council rating information database