Taupō District Council administers rates on behalf of Bay of Plenty Regional Council.
For questions regarding the payment of your rates, payment options, due dates, penalties or remission policy contact Taupō District Council.
For all other queries, contact us.
What your rates pay for
General Rate (land value) and Uniform Annual General Charge
- Integrated catchment management
- Flood protection and control
- Resource regulation and monitoring
- Public Transport
- Regional development
- Regional planning and engagement
- Emergency management
- Technical services
Rangitāiki-Tarawera river scheme rates are calculated by land area and the extent of service provided to part-fund the Rangitāiki-Tarawera river scheme work activity.
For more information about this visit our Annual Plan 2020/21, page 37.
Rating Database Information
- The rating information database for Bay of Plenty Regional Council, and the Rangitāiki-Tarawera River Scheme, is available for inspection at the offices of Taupō District Council. (46 Horomatangi Street, Taupō).
- Property owners may request in writing to Taupō District Council, as Bay of Plenty Regional Council's rating agent, to withhold their name or postal address (or both) from the database.