Proposed Plan Change 17, requested by Whakatāne District Council, seeks to insert provisions for debris flow risk management on the Awatarariki fanhead at Matatā into the Natural Hazards chapter of the Bay of Plenty Regional Natural Resources Plan.
Summary of decisions requested available from 27 November 2018
Council received eight submissions to Proposed Plan Change 17. A summary of the 'decisions requested' in submissions will be publicly notified on 27 November 2018. The following persons will have 10 working days to make a further submission in support of, or in opposition to, the submissions already made:
- Any person representing a relevant aspect of the public interest.
- Any person who has an interest in the proposed plan change greater than the general public.
- The Council itself.
The further submission period closes at 4pm on Tuesday 11 December 2018.
- Summary of decisions requested
- Public notice
- Guide to making a further submission
- Further submission form
The following document is available to download:
Copies of submissions are available by clicking on the submitter below:
- 01 - Te Runanga o Ngāti Awa
- 02 - Katherine M Stevens
- 03 - Margaret Gracie
- 04 - BOP Civil Defence Emergency Management
- 05 - Matatā Residents Association
- 06 - Awatarariki Residents Inc
- 07 - Mark and Greta Nicholson
- 08 - Matata Action Group
Purpose of the Proposed Plan Change
The purpose of Proposed Plan Change 17 is to manage the risk to people’s safety by creating policies and rules that will end residential activity on high risk properties within the fanhead, and extinguish existing use rights on those properties.
The proposed plan change references The Australian Geomechanics Society – Landslide Risk Management 2007 risk assessment methodology.
- Plan Change Summary
- Documents mentioned in the Plan Change Summary:
- Proposed Plan Change 17 (Awatarariki Fanhead) to the Regional Natural Resources Plan
- Public notice
- Guide to making a submission
If you have any queries please contact Martin Butler (Regional Planner) on extension 9320.
Whakatāne District Council Proposed Plan Change 1 (Awatarariki Fanhead, Matatā)
As well as requesting a change to the Regional Natural Resources Plan, Whakatāne District Council is also proposing related changes to the Whakatāne District Plan.
The two plan changes are being administered together.
Click here to find out more about the Whakatāne District Council's proposed plan change.