The Public Transport Committee operates under the Land Transport Management Act 2003. It implements and monitors public transport strategy and policy.
Specific responsibilities are:
- Setting the operational direction for Council public transport policy and strategy, and monitoring how both are implemented.
- Preparing and reviewing the Bay of Plenty Regional Public Transport Plan and significant variations to it for regional council approval.
- Approving non-significant changes to the plan, and submissions to central government, local authorities and other agencies on transport issues.
- Receiving reporting on passenger transport activity performance.
- Advising the Council on transport matters.
- Approving the Bay of Plenty’s Road Safety Action Plan.
The committee is made up of representatives from Bay of Plenty Regional Council, each Bay of Plenty territorial authority and the New Zealand Transport Agency.
Terms of reference
- Public Transport Subcommittee Terms of Reference adopted by Council 15 November 2016.
|Bay of Plenty Regional Council||
|Rotorua Lakes Council||
|Tauranga City Council||
|Western Bay of Plenty District Council||