Council meetings to enable democratic local decision-making and action by, and on behalf of, Bay of Plenty communities.
- To meet the current and future needs of communities for good-quality local infrastructure, local public services, and performance of regulatory functions in a way that is most cost-effective for households and businesses.
- To set the overarching strategic direction for the Council as an organisation.
- To hold ultimate responsibility for allocating financial resources across the Council.
Terms of Reference
- Regional Council Terms of Reference adopted by Council 15 November 2016.
- Chair - Chairman Doug Leeder.
- Deputy Chair - Jane Nees.
- Councillors - Norm Bruning, Bill Clark, John Cronin, Stuart Crosby, Andrew von Dadelszen, David Love, Tīpene Marr, Matemoana McDonald, Arapeta Tahana, Paula Thompson, Lyall Thurston, Kevin Winters.