The Lake Rotorua Incentives Committee has been set up to carry out the following:
- Achieve a permanent 100 tonne reduction of nitrogen entering Lake Rotorua from the Lake Rotorua groundwater catchmen,t at the least cost in a manner that gives consideration to the economic impact on the wider community, but within the budget of $40 million and within the parameters of:
- The Lake Rotorua Incentives Scheme Policy 2014.
- Approved annual Incentives Scheme budgets.
- A comprehensive and professional business strategy, adopted and reviewed as necessary by the Committee.
- Negotiate agreements to reduce nitrogen and secure no exacerbation in phosphorous loss to Lake Rotorua on a willing buyer/willing seller basis.
- Promote and facilitate the up-take of profitable low nutrient land use and/or management practices to achieve the Committee objectives.
- Enter in to joint ventures or partnerships to achieve Committee objectives.
- Collaborate, coordinate and communicate with other relevant agencies, in-particular the Rotorua Te Arawa Lakes Programme Partners and the Rotorua Economic Development Agency.
- Ensure ongoing coordination with Proposed Plan Change 10 to the Regional Water and Land Plan and compatibility and integration with the Rotorua Te Arawa Lakes Programme.
- Adopt business rules for the operation of the Lake Rotorua Incentives Scheme to give effect to this Terms of Reference and ensure integration with the functions of, and compliance with the responsibilities of, Bay of Plenty Regional Council.
Terms of reference
- Lake Rotorua Incentives Committee Terms of Reference adopted by Council 15 November 2016.
|Bay of Plenty Regional Council||