Our summer student programme has been running for 28 years because we believe the best place to learn is on the job.
There really is no better place to kick-start your career - contributing to your community and the environment you live in, while working alongside passionate and professional experts in their fields.
Each year our summer students play an important role by supporting our teams and completing important pieces of work around the Bay of Plenty.
What’s on offer?
- 12-week, paid student programme with a full induction and ongoing learning opportunities.
- Opportunity to gain valuable work experience and apply the skills and knowledge you’ve gained in your studies.
- Support and mentoring on the job to help get you started.
- Diverse working environment and friendly team atmosphere.
Applications open early September for our next intake: 18 November 2019 to 5 February 2020.
How to apply
Applications for the 2019-2020 Summer Student Programme open from Friday 6 September 2019 and close on midnight Sunday 22 September 2019.
- Check out the Summer Student vacancies on our careers website.
- Apply separately for each position that you are interested in.
- We will screen all applications, and shortlisted candidates will be contacted for next steps.
- All candidates will be notified once the position is filled.
Successful candidates will attend a Welcome Day on Monday 19 November.
For support writing a good CV and cover letter, visit Seek for handy tips.