At Bay of Plenty Regional Council we are working with a variety of community stakeholders to develop initiatives to improve the Bay of Plenty region - socially, culturally, economically and environmentally. We want to make sure our region grows in a way that keeps its values safe for future generations.
Bay of Plenty Regional Council guides and supports sustainable development in our region by:
- Growing the regional economy sustainably
- Promoting and funding infrastructure meet the needs of industries, residents and the environment
- Improving the careers of residents and the successes of industries through education and training opportunities
- Promoting the region as a great place to invest, live and visit
- Adding value to industries within the region and building links with markets outside the region
- Contributing to a range of other factors that influence regional economic development including telecommunications and affordable housing.
Eastern Bay - Beyond Today
Eastern Bay – Beyond Today is the spatial plan (or ‘development plan’) for the Eastern Bay that aims to provide a clear vision for the Eastern Bay for where we want to be in the next 30-50 years.
The Eastern Bay is the area covered by Kawerau, Ōpōtiki and Whakatāne districts.
Upper North Island Strategic Alliance (UNISA)
The Upper North Island Strategic Alliance (UNISA) is made up of 7 councils who have committed to a longterm collaboration for responding to and managing a range of issues facing the upper North Island. A particular focus of UNISA is taking a ‘New Zealand Inc’ approach and perspective, to ensure the upper North Island and New Zealand as a whole remains internationally competitive and prosperous.
Bay of Plenty 2011 - Regional Trends Internal Report
This Regional Trends Internal Report gives a detailed statistical portrait of the Bay of Plenty. It shows the region's strengths and weaknesses and creates a benchmark to compare against from this point forward.
Bay of Plenty Local Authority Shared Services (BOPLASS)
Bay of Plenty Regional Council is a shareholder in BOPLASS Ltd, a Council Controlled Organisation owned by the councils in the Bay of Plenty Region. It has been set up to foster shared services between the participating councils.
SmartGrowth is a programme aimed at developing and implementing a plan for managing growth in the western Bay of Plenty.
Regional Economic Development
Bay of Plenty Regional Council is working with a number of public and private partners to continue to grow the region's economy in a sustainable way that is prosperous for current and future generations.
Local Government Research
The Bay of Plenty Regional Council has undertaken or participated in a range of local government research projects.