Community Initiative Funding
Groups and organisations can apply for Community Initiatives Funding as part of submitting to the Long Term Plan 2018-2028. There have been some great projects supported through the Community Initiatives Fund (CIF) and we look forward to many more helping Council achieve its outcomes.
Submitting to the Long Term Plan 2018-2028 for funding
Requests for Community Initiatives Funding need to be received as a Long Term Plan submission, by 19 March either by:
- email to LTP2018firstname.lastname@example.org
- mail to Freepost Number 122076, Long Term Plan Submissions, Bay of Plenty Regional Council, PO Box 364 , Whakatāne 3158
- drop a submission into any of our offices across the Bay of Plenty
Council will consider funding for no more than three years. Applications can be for 1, 2 or 3 years. There may be further rounds with each annual planning process (to be determined during deliberations).
Your project should:
- support/enhance the work of Council
- not be eligible for other Council funding e.g. Environmental Enhancement Fund, Rotorua Nutrient Reduction Fund, Riparian Management Plan grants, Iwi/Hapū Management Plan funding or other Council funds not outlined here.
Guidelines and application form
Funding requests should be supported by an application form. These Guidelines and Application form will help staff to be well informed and able to make strong recommendations on your behalf to council.
People/organisations can ask to be heard at the Long Term Plan hearings (16-20 April) when they complete their submission.
Council will make decisions through the deliberations process in May and then adoption of the Long Term Plan by the end of June.
If your group or organisation is submitting to Council requesting funding of:
- UNDER $20,000 annually - this form would help you formulate your plan
- OVER $20,000 annually - this form is a required part of your submission
If you would like assistance on any part of this, please contact: