Proposed Plan Change 13 - Air Quality
Proposed Plan Change 13 (Air Quality)
Proposed Plan Change 13 (Air Quality) to the Regional Air Plan Rules will be notified in February 2018 as a plan change to the Regional Natural Resources Plan. This Proposed Plan Change was previously known as the Draft New Regional Air Plan which was released for public feedback in April 2016.
Hardcopies of all documents incorporated by reference are available for public viewing and comments from 5 December 2017 to 19 January 2018 at the following Regional Council offices:
- 87, First Avenue, Tauranga
- 5 Quay Street, Whakatane
- 1125 Arawa Street, Rotorua
The documents are as follows:
- National Environmental Standards for Air Quality (2004) 544KB
- Ambient Air Quality Guidelines (2002) 467KB
- AS/NZS 4014.6:2007 Domestic solid fuel burning appliances – test fuels – Wood pellets
- AS/NZS 4013:2014 Domestic solid fuel burning appliances – method for determination of flue gas emission
- AS/NZS 4012:2014 Domestic solid fuel burning appliances – method for determination of power output and efficiency
Any comments on the documents listed above can be sent to the Regional Council by Friday 19 January 2018 by post to Bay of Plenty Regional Council, PO Box 364, Whakatāne 3158, or email email@example.com
Draft New Regional Air Plan
The Regional Council released the Draft New Regional Air Plan on 26 April 2016 for community feedback.
Over the six week feedback period, we ran community workshops and open days in each of the main regional centres (Tauranga, Rotorua, and Whakatāne). We’ve received feedback from the attendees at these events, as well as written comments from about 80 other individuals and organisations.
The Summary of Feedback Report is now available (click here). This report provides a summary of comments received during the consultation period.
Karen Parcell 0800 884 881 ex 9346 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Several reports and documents are available for further information. Links to these documents are available below:
- Regional Air Plan Review (564KB, pdf)
- Review of the Bay of Plenty Regional Air Plan Open Burning Rules (3.89MB, pdf)
- Rotorua Air Emissions Inventory 2005 (2.85MB, pdf)
- Technical Review Permitted Boiler Rules (1.13MB, pdf)
- Offsets Guidance for the Rotorua Airshed (2.35MB, pdf)
- Review of the Agrichemical Spray Rules (3.86MB, pdf)
- Controls on use of Methyl Bromide Fumigant (1.43MB, pdf)
- Review of General Permitted Discharges: Rule 17 (893KB, pdf)
- Rotorua Air Quality Action Plan (7.92MB, pdf. Note this is a large document, please contact Karen Parcell if you are unable to download it)