Skip to main content


Transferring a lake structure

Can I transfer a resource consent for a lake structure?

Resource Consents for lake structures can be transferred and in many cases this will happen in conjunction with a property sale. However to enable a transfer a Resource Consent Transfer Form needs to be completed and forwarded to the Bay of Plenty Regional Council. In some cases lake structures are owned by multiple parties and will need a partial transfer.

If a Right to Occupy (RTO) was issued by Land Information New Zealand (LINZ) or Rotorua District Council (RDC) in conjunction with the resource consent, an updated RTO will automatically be issued and forwarded out in conjunction with this transfer. At present the RTO does not need to be applied for separately.