Consent Application RM 16-0068 Donald Rodee
Resource Management Act 1991
The following application for resource consent has been received by Bay of Plenty Regional Council.
The application documents, including an assessment of environmental effects, can be viewed at Bay of Plenty Regional Council, 87 First Avenue, Tauranga during normal office hours or on our website (www.boprc.govt.nz). A copy can be requested from the Regulatory Coordination Team of Bay of Plenty Regional Council phone 0800 884 880.
Applicant's address for service
Application number RM16-0068 Donald Rodee. The applicant’s postal address is 419 Matahui Road, RD 4, Katikati.
Nature of Application
The applicant, Donald Rodee has applied for resource consents to establish a series of eight breakwater structures totalling 350 metres in length. This includes the placement of fill and planting of the foreshore behind the breakwater structures, resulting in reclamation of approximately 6-10 metres of the foreshore.
Details of activities applied for:
- Reclaim land in the foreshore as a result of filling works behind the nearshore breakwater;
- Erect, use and maintain a breakwater structure in, on, under and over the foreshore and seabed of the Coastal Marine Area;
- Disturb the foreshore as a result of excavation and filling works, and the deposition of material including indigenous vegetation on the foreshore, to construct a nearshore breakwater;
- Occupy space in the Coastal Marine Area with a nearshore breakwater structure; and
- Temporary discharge of sediment laden stormwater to the Coastal Marine Area to construct a nearshore breakwater.
The legal description of the site is: Allot 19 Te Mania Parish (the portion of site in private land) and also in the Coastal Marine Area. The site is located at or about map reference NZTM: 1862275 5837149.
Any person may make a submission on the application by sending a written submission to Bay of Plenty Regional Council at PO Box 364, Whakatāne, facsimile 0800 884 882, telephone 0800 884 880, no later than 5.00 p.m. on Thursday 19 October 2017.
The submission must be dated, signed by you and include:
- Your name, postal address, telephone number and facsimile number (if applicable);
- Details of the application, including location;
- Whether you support or oppose the application;
- Your reasons for the submission;
- The decision you wish the Regional Council to make; and
- Whether you wish to be heard in support of your submission.
A submission template can be downloaded from our website www.boprc.govt.nz or submission forms are available from our offices.
A copy of your submission must also be served on the applicant at the address given, as soon as reasonably practicable.
Dated at Whakatane this 21 September 2017