City centre bus stands move to new temporary location
Wednesday, 16 August 2017 11:00 a.m.
Some city centre bus stands will be temporarily relocated from next Monday (21 August) due to construction activity around the Tauranga City Council’s Administration building.
Bay of Plenty Regional Council’s senior transport officer, Mike Furniss says bus services using Stand B on Willow Street and Stand D on Wharf Street will be temporary relocated to new bus stops nearby, until further notice.
Those who catch buses from either of these stands will be advised by bus drivers, in bus notices and temporary signage installed today of the changes.
“These changes apply to both arrivals and departures of these services,” says Mr Furniss.
Stand D services, will now arrive and depart from a temporary bus stop outside Baycourt on Wharf Street. Affected services are:
- Routes 80, 81, 82, 82a (Katikati, Ōmokoroa and Waihi Beach)
- Route 221, 222, Twin City route, 143a, 143b (Te Puke, Rotorua, Paengaroa, Pukehina and Whakatāne)
- Routes 78 and 79 (Matapihi and Maungatawa).
Stand B services, will now arrive and depart from a temporary bus stop outside Wharf Street (by the i-Site). Affected services are:
- (The Lakes and Tauranga Crossing)
- Route 60 (Bellevue, Brookfield and Cambridge Heights)
- Route 62 (Pillans Point, Brookfield and Bethlehem).
Bus services using Stands A and C on Willow Street will remain unchanged.
Intercity and Mana bus services currently using bus stops on Wharf Street, will also relocate outside Baycourt on Wharf Street.
For more information go to www.baybus.co.nz or call 0800 422 928.