The He Toka Tūmoana - Toi Moana Environmental Scholarship is a Council approved initiative established in 2017 to recognise and support students who are undertaking study, research or training that aligns with the enhancement of our Taiao (environment).
Applications close 17 April 2020.
- Post your completed application form with supporting documentation to:
He Toka Tumoana – Environmental Scholarship Fund
Bay of Plenty Regional Council
P.O. Box 364, Whakatāne
- Deliver your completed application form to a Toi Moana – Bay of Plenty Regional Council office:
- Tauranga - 87 First Avenue
- Whakatane - 5 Quay Street
- Rotorua - 1125 Arawa Street
For all other enquiries please contact:
Michelle Hingston, Kaituitui (Strategic Engagement Coordinator)
Phone: 0800 884 880
The main purpose of the Fund is to assist students by providing financial support for education, activities, research and/or projects.
The benefits of the fund are to:
- Focus on environmental education and kaitiakitanga/guardianship.
- Demonstrate a commitment to enhancing environmental knowledge.
- Raise environmental awareness and understanding.
- Provide financial support to students.
- Encourage Mātauranga Māori research and education.
- Promote leadership and innovation.
The scholarship is available to tertiary students who:
- Are NZ citizens.
- Reside or have whakapapa (share a genealogical connection) within the Bay of Plenty.
- Are enrolled (or have an intention to enrol) in a course of study which contributes to the enhancement of the environment.
- Are 16 years of age or older.