Western Bay of Plenty District
Western Bay of Plenty District Council administers rates on behalf of Bay of Plenty Regional Council. For questions regarding the payment of your rates, payment options, due dates, penalties or remission policy contact Western Bay of Plenty District Council: www.westernbay.govt.nz
For other queries contact us
What your rates pay for
General Rate (land value) and Uniform Annual General Charge
- Integrated catchment management,
- Flood protection and control,
- Resource regulation and monitoring,
- Regional development,
- Regional planning and engagement,
- Emergency management, and
- Technical services
Kaituna Catchment Control scheme targeted rates are calculated using a combination of land area, site charges and the extent of service provided to part-fund the Kaituna Catchment Control work activity.
Western Bay of Plenty District Passenger Transport targeted rates are calculated as a fixed charge per property for Western bay to fund the Passenger Transport work activity.
Civil Defence Emergency Management targeted rates are calculated as a fixed charge per property for services provided by Civil Defence Emergency Management group.
For more information about this visit our Long Term Plan 2018-2028 (pdf, 36.76MB), volume 2 page 165.
Rating Information Database
- The rating information database for Bay of Plenty Regional Council, and the Kaituna Catchment Control Scheme, is available for inspection at the offices of Western Bay of Plenty Council. (Barkes Corner, Cameron Road, Tauranga)
- Property owners may request in writing to Western Bay of Plenty District Council, as Bay of Plenty Regional Council's rating agent, to withhold his or her name or postal address (or both) from the database.