Tauranga Moana Advisory Group
The Te Awanui Tauranga Harbour Advisory Group has been renamed the Tauranga Moana Advisory Group, as agreed by the Advisory Group at its meeting on 26 May 2017.
Key committee information
Meetings, agendas and minutes
|Date/Te ra Time/Taima
|Friday 23 February
|Friday 25 May 9.30am
||Tauranga Volunteer Coastguard, 72 Keith Allen Driver, Sulphur Point, Tauranga.
||Agenda 0.99MB, pdf
||Minutes 91.3KB, pdf
|Friday 10 August 9.30am
||Classic Flyers, Boeing Room, 9 Jean Batten Drive, Mount Maunganui
|Friday 16 November 9.30am
||Club Mount Maunganui
45 Kawaka Street
Note: meeting date or venues may change - please check this page regularly.
The Tauranga Moana Iwi Collective Deed of Settlement, once passed into law, will require a Tauranga Moana Governance Group to be established. To prepare for the Governance Group, the Tauranga Moana Advisory Group was established. The first Advisory Group meeting was held on 17 November 2014 and it will continue to meet, share information and provide direction to staff of partner agencies until replaced by the Governance Group.
The role of participants is to:
- Whakataurite - coordinate: oversee and contribute to the work that partners do in the harbour and catchments;
- Whakarongo - listen: ensure the views of the hapū, iwi and wider community are represented in the work we do;
- Whakawhanaungatanga - involve: promote and support hapū, iwi and the wider community participating in our work;
- Whakatohatoha - share: provide regular updates to, and share information with partners;
- Whakakotahi - integrate: promote the integration of our work so we can achieve our purpose together.
Chair - Councillor N Bruning, Bay of Plenty Regional Council
Deputy Chair – C Tawhiao, Ngāi Te Rangi
Bay of Plenty Regional Council - Councillors A von Dadelszen, P Thompson, M McDonald
Ngāti Ranginui – P Kawe, R Nelson
Ngāi Te Rangi – R Tuanau
Ngāti Pūkenga – R Smallman, K Tapsell
Western Bay of Plenty District Council – Councillors P Mackay, M Dean
Tauranga City Council – Councillors C Stewart, K Clout