Updates and technical reports
Seven focus areas have been selected for the Invest Bay of Plenty Plan
Seven key themes have emerged from baseline data and local planning processes.
Phase two work on the Invest Bay of Plenty Plan will involve research focused on seven key areas that will inform a collective set of goals and priorities for the Bay of Plenty region.
The focus areas are:
- Settlement patterns: Predicting and managing where people choose to live and work so that future needs for utilities and services, such as health and education, can be readily determined.
- Employment: Projecting where there will be future labour shortages and surplus. This will assist industry, the tertiary sector and others to take advantage or respond to the labour market.
- Infrastructure: Identifying regional priorities to help plan for and set sustainable levels of service.
- Ageing: Gaining a more detailed understanding of how trends in spending, services demand and supply and other factors will change as a result of the aging demographic.
- Māori Economy: Improving understanding of how Māori can and will use their assets to generate wealth for their people in the post-Treaty settlement environment
- Environment: Predicting what natural resource limitations may affect future economic growth, and identifying opportunities to enhance the social and economic benefits of environmental enhancement work.
- Lifestyle: Gaining greater understanding of migration drivers to better predict settlement and population change and how these can be influenced.
Read the latest Invest Bay of Plenty project update
Update 1, March 2014 (pdf, 687KB)
Read technical reports
Please note not all documents have been approved by all Councils.
Bay of Plenty situational analysis, BERL November 2013
Bay of Plenty economic and employment scenarios, BERL and Martin Jenkins November 2013
- Summary (pdf, 178KB)
- Full report - Bay of Plenty economic scenarios - exploring alternative futures, BERL (pdf, 1.7MB)
- Full report - Bay of Connections sector strategy employment scenario, Martin Jenkins (pdf, 1.32MB)
Summary of Bay of Plenty Strategy Documents (pdf, 3.69MB)
2014 Review of Demographic and Labour Force Projections for the BOP Region 2013 to 2063, NIDEA April 2014
Ageing Trends and Transitions (2.98MB, pdf)
Maori Migration (1.40MB, pdf)
Environment Report for Invest Bay of Plenty
- Environment Report (3.16MB, pdf)
- Land Use Capability (595KB, pdf)
- Land Cover (556KB, pdf)
- Versatile Land (676KB, pdf)
- Contaminated Sites (648KB, pdf)
- Biodiversity Sites (5.59MB, pdf)
- BOP Water Allocation Status - Surface water and Shallow aquifers (403KB, pdf)
- BOP Water Allocation Status - Deep aquifers (329KB, pdf)
- Water Quality - Rivers and streams (885KB, pdf)
- Water Quality - Lake water (639KB, pdf)
- Marine Information - Ecological values (517KB, pdf)
- Marine Information - Recreation and Fisheries (590KB, pdf)
Settlement Pattern Phase 1 - Internal Migration Patterns Map (191KB, pdf)
Settement Pattern Phase 1 - External Migration Patterns Map (386KB, pdf)
Infrastructure Analysis (2.94MB, pdf)
Settlement and Agglomeration Impacts (1.34MB, pdf)
Analysis of Bay of Plenty Employment and Skills (2.60MB, pdf)