At Bay of Plenty Regional Counicl we are working with a variety of community stakeholders to develop initiatives to improve the Bay of Plenty region - socially, culturally, economically and environmentally. We want to make sure our region grows in a way that keeps its values safe for future generations.
Bay of Plenty Regional Council guides and supports sustainable development in our region by:
- Growing the regional economy sustainably
- Promoting and funding infrastructure meet the needs of industries, residents and the environment
- Improving the careers of residents and the successes of industries through education and training opportunities
- Promoting the region as a great place to invest, live and visit
- Adding value to industries within the region and building links with markets outside the region
- Contributing to a range of other factors that influence regional economic development including telecommunications and affordable housing.Bay of Plenty
Bay of Plenty 2011 - Regional Trends Internal Report
This Regional Trends Internal Report gives a detailed statistical portrait of the Bay of Plenty. It shows the region's strengths and weaknesses and creates a benchmark to compare against from this point forward.
Bay of Plenty 2011 - Regional Trends Internal Report (1.40MB, pdf)
Bay of Plenty Local Authority Shared Services (BOPLASS)
Bay of Plenty Regional Council is a shareholder in BOPLASS Ltd, a Council Controlled Organisation owned by the councils in the Bay of Plenty Region. It has been set up to foster shared services between the participating councils. You can read the organisation's Statement of Intent (1MB, pdf).
Find out more about the business case study that looks at how councils can improve capability and accessibility to broadband services in the Bay of Plenty.
SmartGrowth is a programme aimed at developing and implementing a plan for managing growth in the western Bay of Plenty.
Regional Economic Development
Bay of Plenty Regional Council is working with a number of public and private partners to continue to grow the region's economy in a sustainable way that is prosperous for current and future generations.
Bay of Plenty Regional Airport Feasibility Study
The Bay of Plenty Regional Airport Feasiblity Study Report (3.5 MB, pdf) (commissioned in 2006) investigated the costs and benefits and financial feasibility of replacing the existing local airports at Rotorua, Tauranga and Whakatane with a single regional airport. This report was considered by Council's Strategic Policy Committee on 8 August 2006.