About the Environmental Enhancement Fund
Does the Environmental Enhancement Fund sound like it could help your project?
Bay of Plenty Regional Council's Environmental Enhancement Fund aims to provide seed funding for community-based projects that:
- improve the environment;
- raise environmental awareness; and
- use the enthusiasm and skills of the community
In partnership with the community it also aims to achieve excellence in environmental outcomes.
The fund's purpose is to assist regional organisations and community groups by providing financial and technical support for activities and projects whose primary purpose is to directly promote, enhance or protect:
- the natural or historic (including cultural) character of;
- public access to; and/or
- public understanding.
More specifically, it focuses on projects that look at public access of, the public's understanding of, and the natural or historic character of the environment.
Not sure if your project fits?
Check out some of our Frequently Asked Questions.
Who can and cannot apply for funding?
Does your group fit in with the aims of the Environmental Enhancement Fund? You do not have to be a registered trust or incorporated society to be eligible to apply for funding.
The Environmental Enhancement Fund is open to:
- community groups
- incorporated societies
- community trusts
- resident and ratepayer groups
- landowner groups
- educational institutes
We do not fund:
- Activities outside Bay of Plenty Regional Council's responsibilities and regions
- Projects receiving funding from other Bay of Plenty Regional Council programmes e.g. care groups
- Projects more appropriately funded through other Bay of Plenty Regional Council programmes
- Resource consent applications and mitigation requirements
- Projects resulting in commercial profit
- Applications which are incomplete or do not provide enough information
- Activities conducted prior to Bay of Plenty Regional Council receiving signed contracts