Youth Jam is a free event for Bay of Plenty secondary students to foster environmental awareness, youth leadership and participation in civic issues. In 2015 we had over 61 students attend from around the Bay and we are hoping for another group of motivated young people who are willing to step up, represent and take positive action in their region to another level.
Youth Jam 2016 is being held in Rotorua from 7th - 8th April. Find out more.
Rotorua Youth Environment Forum
Are you Eco Friendly?
The Rotorua Youth Environment Forum is run in conjunction with Bay of Plenty Regional Council.
The aims of the Forum are:
- To increase environmental awareness amongst the youth in the Rotorua community.
- To create proactive attitudes about environmentally friendly lifestyles within the community.
- To take active steps in improving the Rotorua environment.
The Forum consists of students from Secondary and Intermediate schools in the Rotorua region. Contact us for further information. Please see our contact details at the bottom of this page.
Instep Young Leaders Forum
The Instep Young Leaders’ Forum was initiated by Priority One’s Instep Programme in 2009 to provide a platform for Western Bay of Plenty secondary school student leaders to engage with regional decision makers. Priority One partners with Tauranga City Council, Western Bay of Plenty District Council and Bay of Plenty Regional Council to deliver this programme.
Through the Instep Young Leaders’ Forum students will;
- have voice on the future development of the Western Bay of Plenty
- develop their leadership skills
- build networks with other student leaders and regional decision makers
- be aware of local opportunities for young people.
Find out more from Priority One