Rotorua Lakes Teacher Resource
This resource is a teaching kit for students levels two - five. It includes a photo pack and a board game and is designed to help teachers:
- Enable students to increase their knowledge and understanding of the lakes of the Rotorua region.
- Encourage action 'for' the environment by enabling students to take independent and appropriate actions for a sustainable lakes environment.
To order this resource, please contact us on the details below.
- Introduction (741 KB, pdf)
- Part 1 - Gathering Prior Knowledge (109 KB, pdf)
- Part 2 - Geology (446 KB, pdf)
- Part 3 - History and Culture (2124 KB, pdf)
- Part 4 - People and the Lakes (233 KB, pdf)
- Part 5 - Water Quality (1402 KB, pdf)
- Part 6 - Life in the Lakes (131 KB, pdf)
- Templates (49 KB, pdf)
- Glossary (16 KB, pdf)
- Additional Resources - Set 1 (854 KB, pdf)
- Additional Resources - Set 2 (766 KB, pdf)
- Issues and Actions - Students (25 KB, pdf)
- Issues and Actions - Teachers (28 KB, pdf)
- Lake Processes Poster (459 KB, pdf)
- Lake Density Poster (439 KB, pdf)
- Freshwater Lakes Poster (437 KB, pdf)
- Lakes Fact Sheet - A3 (696 KB, pdf)
- Lakes Fact Sheet - A4 (403 KB, pdf)
- Land Fact Sheet - A4 (205 KB, pdf)
- Pollution Busters Club Newsletters - Please contact us for copies.
Bay of Plenty schools interested in professional development workshops or hard copies of these resources can contact the Regional Council on the details below.