Western Bay Cultural Heritage Strategy
It is anticipated that the Cultural Heritage Strategy for the Western Bay will be used by iwi and the community into the future as a catalyst for continuing to improve cultural heritage management. This can occur through requests to the Annual and Ten Year Plans of the local authorities and through inputs into the processes and systems that govern how development occurs.
- Cultural Heritage Strategy for the Western Bay (7.3 MB, pdf) LARGE FILE
The local authorities will use this Strategy to:
- Review how business as usual is being delivered
- Ask whether processes can be improved
- Look for different or better uses for cultural heritage resources
- Assess the priorities for where effort should be put.