Second Generation Regional Air Plan
Summary of Feedback
The Regional Council released the Draft New Regional Air Plan on 26 April 2016 for community feedback. The draft plan has been developed with updated provisions that address the air quality issues of today and the near future, rather than historical issues. The draft plan includes rules that reflect what we know and what needs to happen to fix the various issues.
Over the six week feedback period, we ran community workshops and open days in each of the main regional centres (Tauranga, Rotorua, and Whakatāne). We’ve received feedback from the attendees at these events, as well as written comments from about 80 other individuals and organisations.
The Summary of Feedback Report is now available (click here). This report provides a summary of comments received during the consultation period.
The proposed plan is expected to be released in early 2017.
The following documents are available:
Karen Parcell 0800 884 881 ex 9346 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Several reports and documents are referenced in the Discussion Document. Links to these documents are available below:
- Regional Air Plan Review (564KB, pdf)
- Review of the Bay of Plenty Regional Air Plan Open Burning Rules (3.89MB, pdf)
- Rotorua Air Emissions Inventory 2005 (2.85MB, pdf)
- Technical Review Permitted Boiler Rules (1.13MB, pdf)
- Offsets Guidance for the Rotorua Airshed (2.35MB, pdf)
- Review of the Agrichemical Spray Rules (3.86MB, pdf)
- Controls on use of Methyl Bromide Fumigant (1.43MB, pdf)
- Review of General Permitted Discharges: Rule 17 (893KB, pdf)
- Rotorua Air Quality Action Plan (7.92MB, pdf. Note this is a large document, please contact Karen Parcell if you are unable to download it)