The Bay of Plenty Harbour Limits are defined as all the tidal waters of the Bay of Plenty region from the northern-most point of Orokawa Bay to a line drawn northeasterly to the outer limit of the territorial sea, thence south-eastwards along the outer limit of the territorial sea to a position 12' due north of Lottin Point. Also included in the harbour limits are the Wairoa River from McLarens falls downstream and the Kaituna River from Okere Road Bridge downstream.
Within these waters Bay of Plenty Regional Council is the statutory and regulatory harbour authority, with responsibility for navigation safety managed by our Harbour Masters. These responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Marine oil pollution response, mitigation and clean up at Tier II level
- Navigation Safety Bylaws.
- Pilotage, licensing and exemptions.
- Administration of the swing moorings.
- Administration of all the legislation governing use and behaviour on the regional waters. These are; the local bylaws, Maritime Transport Act 1994, Resource Management Act 1991 and the Local Government Amendment Act 1999.
The region's harbours and navigable waterways include:
For the latest edition of the Moorings newsletter click here.
If you're out enjoying the region's lakes, rivers and beaches, make sure you know the navigation and safety rules.
|Mooring Information Request Form||75KB|
|Mooring Transfer Form||744KB||doc|
|Mooring Enquiry Form||792KB||doc|
|Mooring Lease Form||741KB||doc|