Recent Resource Consent Decisions
The following resource consent decision can be downloaded, or contact the Water Administration Team at Bay of Plenty Regional Council for more information.
Transpacific Industries Group (NZ) Limited
At a joint hearing held between the Bay of Plenty Regional Council and Rotorua District Council, a decision was made by Commissioner Bruce Graham to grant resource consent to Transpacific Industries Group (NZ) Limited to discharge contaminants to air (Resource Consent Number 67049) and for a land use consent for the construction and use of a Refuse Transfer Station (consent RC14328) on a property at 228-230 Te Ngae Road, Rotorua.
- Hearing Decision Report (161KB)
- Hearing Decision BOPRC Plan 1 (1.55 MB)
- Hearing Decision BOPRC Plan 2 (199 KB)
- Hearing Decision RDC Maps & Plans (5.88 MB)
Ngati Tuwharetoa Geothermal Assets Limited
A decision was made by the Hearing Committee acting under delegated authority from the Bay of Plenty Regional Council to grant the application (Resource Consent Number 66862) by Ngati Tuwharetoa Geothermal Assets Limited for the abstraction of geothermal fluid from the Kawerau Geothermal System for:
- use by third parties, including for commercial and industrial uses; and
- to inject spent geothermal fluid and other chemicals such as anti-scalant and chemical inhibitors into the Kawerau Geothermal System after use; and
- to discharge geothermal fluid to ground soakage resulting from unplanned or unscheduled disruptions to the normal operation of the well field, and scheduled or unscheduled maintenance such that geothermal fluid is discharged to brine dumps or soakage ponds;
- and for the discharge of steam line condensate to ground soakage associated with operation and maintenance activities.