Current notified applications
The Astrolabe Community Trust: Resource Consent Number 67891
For all information on this resource consent application please go to http://www.renaresourceconsent.org.nz/.
Bay of Plenty Regional Council: Resource Consent Number 67958 (BOPRC) and Notice of Requirement 4944(L) (WBOPDC)
Bay of Plenty Regional Council (BOPRC) has received the following application for resource consent and the Western Bay of Plenty District Council (WBOPDC) has received the following Notice of Requirement.
Applicant: Bay of Plenty Regional Council - Environmental Delivery Group
Application Reference Numbers: BOPRC Number 67958 and WBOPDC Number 4944(L)
Basic Description of the Proposal: To re-divert approximately 20 percent of the flows from the Kaituna River back into the Ongatoto/Maketu Estuary via Ford's Channel for the purpose of enhancing the Ongatoro/Maketu Estuary, to establish new wetlands and to provide associated recreational opportunities.
Activities Requiring Resource Consent from BOPRC:
Multiple resource consents are required from BOPRC under its Regional Water and Land Plan, Regional Coastal Environment Plan and Regional Air Plan. These consents relate to the following activities:
- Land disturbance (earthworks) and vegetation removal activities due to their volume and proximity to the Coastal Marine Area and the Kaituna River bed;
- The placement of structures within the Coastal Marine Area and the Kaituna River bed;
- The diversion (both temporary and permanent) of water from the Kaituna River;
- Reclamation within the Coastal Marine Area and the Kaituna River bed;
- The temporary take of water and discharge of contaminants (sediment) to the Coastal Marine Area and the Kaituna River during construction; and
- The modification of the Ongatoro/Maketu Estuary and the Lower Kaituna Wildlife Management Reserve wetlands.
WBOPDC Notice of Requirement
A Notice of Requirement for the designation of land for the construction, operation and maintenance of the Kaituna River Re-diversion and Ongatoro/Maketu Estuary Enhancement.
The Notice of Requirement relates to approximately 76 hectares of land located in the lower reaches of the Kaituna River in the vicinity of Ford Road, required on both a temporary basis (30 hectares) during construction and a permanent basis (46 hectares) for the on-going operation and maintenance of the work.
The lower reaches of the Kaituna River (in the vicinity of Ford Road and the Lower Kaituna Wildlife Management Reserve) and surrounds, the Ongatoro/Maketu Estuary, Papahikahawai Island and Maketu Spit.
Viewing of Resource Consent Application documents
The Resource Consent application and Notice of Requirement (including their assessments of environmental effects) can be viewed during normal office hours at either Bay of Plenty Regional Council, 5 Quay Street, Whakatane, Bay of Plenty Regional Council, 6 Rata Street, Mount Maunganui or at Western Bay of Plenty District Council, Te Puke Library & Service Centre, 130 Jellicoe Street, Te Puke. Alternatively, a CD copy is available on request from a Regulatory Administration Officer at Bay of Plenty Regional Council, phone 0800 884 880.
Submissions close at 5.00 pm on Thursday, 9 October 2014.
Advert notification (pdf, 101KB)
Submission form (pdf, 58KB)
Application cover page (pdf, 272KB)
Volume A: Assessment of Environmental Effects
Volume B: Technical Reports
- Summary and Analysis of Options and Alternatives, BOPRC 2013 (1.83MB)
- Full Pre Consent Consultation Report, Opus 2013 (pdf, 188KB)
- Numerical Modelling, DHI 2014 Part 1 (pdf, 25.8MB)
- Numberical Modelling, DHI 2014 Part 2 (pdf, 24.1MB)
- Maketu Estuary: Effect of Proposed Rediversion on Coastal Erosion, ECONOMOS, 2014 (pdf, 2.78MB)
- Summary of effects resulting from water level changes, Waterline 2014 (pdf, 1.82MB)
- Terrestrial avian wetland restoration ecology assessment of environmental effects, Opus 2014 (7.05MB)
- Ongatoro Maketu estuary condition and potential ecological effects, River Lake 2014 (pdf, 4.30MB)
- Microbiological health risk of bathing and shellfish gathering in the Maketu estuary, River Lake 2014 (pdf, 819KB)
- Extent of wetland vegetation in Maketu Estuary 1939 to 2011, BOPRC 2014 (pdf, 972KB)
- Maketu social and recreational use impacts assessment report, BOP Polytechnic 2014 (pdf, 5.04MB)
- Construction Description and Drawings, Waterline 2014 (pdf, 842KB)
- Cultural Impact Assessments, various 2014
Volume C: Drawing Set
- Designation Plan, Opus 2014 (pdf, 4.04MB)
- Construction drawings, Waterline & Opus 2014
- Cover Sheet (pdf, 170KB)
- 01 Location Plan and general layout plan of land ownership & existing features (pdf, 2.10MB)
- 02 Proposed Construction works (pdf, 5.32MB)
- 03 Proposed Ford Road re-alignment - Plan and longsection - Sheet 1 of 2 (pdf, 3.10MB)
- 04 Proposed Ford Road re-alignment - Plan and longsection - Sheet 2 of 2 (pdf, 2.62MB)
- 05 Proposed Ford Road parking and boat ramp (pdf, 252KB)
- 06 Proposed Ford Road parking and boat ramp - vehicle turning paths (pdf, 327KB)
- 07 Proposed Ford Road re-alignment - cross sections - sheet 1 of 7 (pdf, 174KB)
- 08 Proposed Ford Road re-alignment - cross sections - sheet 2 of 7(pdf, 244KB)
- 09 Proposed Ford Road re-alignment - cross sections - sheet 3 of 7 (pdf, 229KB)
- 10 Proposed Ford Road re-alignment - cross sections - sheet 4 of 7 (pdf, 182KB)
- 11 Proposed Ford Road re-alignment - cross sections - sheet 5 of 7(pdf, 200KB)
- 12 Proposed Ford Road re-alignment - cross sections - sheet 6 of 7 (pdf, 246KB)
- 13 Proposed Ford Road re-alignment - cross sections - sheet 7 of 7 (pdf, 181KB)
- 14 Proposed culvert installations - plan and longsection and typical section (pdf, 832KB)
- 15 Ford's Loop channel- plan and section 'A-A' (pdf, 1.29MB)
- 16 Proposed channel and existing Ford's cut - channel remedial works - plan & sections (pdf, 1.68MB)
- 17 Proposed channel and existing Ford's cut - cross sections - sheet 1 of 2 (pdf, 2.44MB)
- 18 Proposed channel and existing Ford's cut - cross sections - sheet 2 of 2 (pdf, 242KB)
- 19 Land use plan (pdf, 0.98MB)
- 20 Papahikahawai Island - remediation plan (pdf, 892KB)
Further information request (pdf, 272KB)
Further information response (pdf, 2.57KB)
Whakatane District Council: Resource Consent Number 67951
The Bay of Plenty Regional Council (BOPRC) and Whakatane District Council (WDC) have received the following applications for resource consent.
Applicant: Whakatane District Council
Application Reference Numbers: BOPRC number 67951 and WDC number LL-2014-8261-00.
Basic description of the proposal: Whakatane District Council has submitted resource consent applications related to the establishment and operation of a green waste processing facility at 65C and 65D Keepa Road in Whakatane. The facility will store and process green waste to produce compost. The applicant seeks to process up to 10,000 tonnes of green waste per year at the facility.
Activities requiring resource consent from BOPRC:
a) Carry out up to 7,000 cubic metres of earthworks associated with the establishment of a gravel access road, flood protection bund and sediment pond.
b) The temporary discharge of sediment contaminated stormwater to land where it may enter water, as a result of the earthworks activity.
c) Damming and diverting of stormwater associated with the establishment and operation of the green waste processing facility.
d) Discharge of contaminants to air (dust, odour) from the establishment and operation of the green was processing facility.
e) Discharge of contaminants (leachate, dust suppressant) to land in circumstances where the contaminant may enter groundwater as well as surface water in nearby open drains.
Activities requiring resource consent from WDC:
a) Land use resource consent to establish and operate a green waste processing facility.
Location: The proposed green waste processing facililty will be located at 65C and 65D Keepa Road, Whakatane. Part of the site is designated (d34) for wastewater treatment purposes.
Viewing the resource consent applications:
The resource consent applications can be viewed during normal office hours at either Bay of Plenty Regional Council, 5 Quay Street, Whakatane or at Whakatane District Council, Commerce Street, Whakatane.
A CD of the application documents can be requested from a Water Administration Officer at Bay of Plenty Regional Council, phone 0800 884 880.
Submission for this application have now closed.