Chemicals being sprayed on a property should not drift beyond the boundary. If spraydrift does occur and you are concerned about possible effects on health, animals or plants, phone the Bay of Plenty Regional Council Pollution Hotline on 0800 884 883.
After you have reported the spraydrift, if you believe it requires investigation, make a note of the details such as:
- How you first became aware of it.
- The time, date, weather (especially wind strength and direction) and events as they happened.
- The colour and smell of the spray, if obvious.
- Who was spraying in the area, and the equipment used.
- Any symptoms occurring after spraydrift, and how long before they became apparent.
- If an aircraft was used - its identification number and colour, the direction it came from and an estimate of its height above the ground.
- You may even be able to video or photograph what is happening.