Te Awanui catchment catch up 2015
A free event was held on 10 June 2015 to share information and ideas about work that's going on to care for land, water, wildlife, cultural values and recreation in and Tauranga Harbour.
See 2015 programme
- Overview of Te Awanui Tauranga Harbour Programme (pdf, 2.25MB) Bay of Plenty Regional Council. NB due to unforeseen circumstances Laverne Mortlock was unable to deliver this presentation as programmed. Warwick Murray, Environmental Delivery General Manager spoke instead.
- An iwi perspective on harbour management (pdf, 497KB) by Reon Tuanau, Te Ruunanga o Ngai te Rangi Iwi Trust.
- Environmental and water monitoring in the Tauranga Harbour and Catchment (pdf, 4.69MB) by Rob Win and Paul Scholes, Bay of Plenty Regional Council.
- Research projects and partnerships (pdf, 7.5MB) by Dr Chris Battershill, University of Waikato.
- Cultural monitoring framework (pdf, 1.57MB) by Caine Taiapa, Manaaki Taha Moana.
- Stormwater and industrial pollution management (pdf, 1.15MB)by Toby Barach and Radleigh Cairns, Tauranga City Council, and Adian Heays, Bay of Plenty Regional Council.
Extra copies of the Te Awanui Tauranga Harbour poster are available on request to Heidi Fraser, email Heidi.Fraser@boprc.govt.nz or phone: 0800 884 880 ext 8529.
Find out more about Bay of Plenty Regional Council's work to care for Te Awanui Tauranga Harbour and catchment here.
Tauranga Harbour Symposium 2013
On Thursday 7 March 2013, Bay of Plenty Regional Council, together with University of Waikato and Priority One, hosted a symposium to share the latest information and ideas on protecting and managing the Harbour.
View the 2013 Tauranga Harbour Symposium programme and presentations.
Check out Bay of Plenty Regional Council Chairman John Cronin's interview on Central TV about the 2013 Symposium.