Rotorua Hot Swap Loan
Upgrade to clean heat now with the help of a Rotorua Hot Swap* loan
The Hot Swap loan is paid off over 10 years on your rates and provides:
- a maximum of $4,600 inclusive GST interest free to replace your old wood burner or open fire with a heat pump or a flued gas fire
- a maximum of $5,000 inclusive GST with interest to replace your old wood burner or open fire with an authorised wood or pellet burner.
For more information on your clean heat options see our Clean Heat Options Fact Sheet (pdf 1MB).
It's easy to get a Rotorua Hot Swap loan
Go to www.hotswap.co.nz or call 0800 HOT SWAP (468 792) to check the available clean heat options and request a home heating assessment and quote.
A home heating assessment advises you about the best clean heat appliance for your home and situation. It will help you find the right clean heat appliance for the needs of your household and your budget.
Our service providers will talk you through the process when they complete your home heating assessment.
We recommend you get at least two quotes and don't make any decisions on the type of clean heat appliance you want until you get a home heating assessment.
Hear from some Rotorua homeowners who have upgraded to clean heat with the Hot Swap loan on our Hot Swap Success Stories page.
For more information call 0800 468 792.
- Do you qualify for Rates Rebate?
- Do you have an old wood burner?
- Do you want new heating in your home?
- Do you live in the Rotorua airshed?
If you've answered yes, then Bay of Plenty Regional Council can help you. Please see our Hot Swap Rates Rebate Scheme (pdf, 284 KB).
Approved Service Providers
The Fine Print
To be eligible for a Hot Swap loan, you must:
- be the ratepayer/s for the property located in the loan zone: Rotorua urban airshed (jpg, 2.5MB)
- be up-to-date with your rate payments
- have working non-compliant** wood burner or open fire in your home***
- agree to have all your non-compliant wood burner removed or your open fire decommissioned.
* Borrow up to the cost of a standard installation of clean heat. Loan amount exclusive of GST. Eligibility criteria and conditions apply.
**All open fires are non-compliant. Wood burners installed before 2005 are non-compliant.
***Only wood burners or open fires can be traded for new heating. Appliances designed for water
heating do not qualify i.e. chip heater.
For more information please call 0800 HOT SWAP (468 792).