How does Bay of Plenty Regional Council help me with transport?
Bay of Plenty Regional Council works to:
- Plan, provide and promote public transport (incl bus and ferry) services across the region
- Fund the BayBus network and 0800 4BAYBUS (422 928)
- Register commercial bus and ferry services
- Provide help and advice on transport matters
- Work with a range of agencies to promote walking and cycling
- Administer the Regional Transport Committee
- Oversee the Regional Land Transport Programme
- Administer the Total Mobility Scheme
- Coordinate and fund road safety across the region
- Promote local, national and international sustainable transport events like Bikeweek
- Provide public transport for special events across the region
- Fund stock truck effluent disposal stations
- Be actively involved in other sustainable transport initiatives like transport demand management (TDM) and staff/workplace travel plans.