Tauranga District Rates Information
Tauranga City Council administers rates on behalf of Bay of Plenty Regional Council. For questions regarding the payment of your rates, payment options, due dates, penalties or remission policy contact Tauranga City Council: www.tauranga.govt.nz
For other queries contact Bay of Plenty Regional Council: Contact us
What your rates pay for
General Rate (land value) and Uniform Annual General Charge
- Regional Leadership including Governance and Accountability, Strategic Policy, and Sustainable Communities activities. Examples of this are the work we do with our elected members, producing our strategies, policies and plans; providing regional parks; supporting our Environmental Enhancement Fund; and our role in Civil Defence Emergency Management.
- Natural Environment including Sustainable Land Management, Sustainable Water Management, Sustainable Coastal Management, Sustainable Air Management, Resource Regulation and Regional Monitoring. This work includes our biodiversity and biosecurity work; work on the Rotorua lakes; Resource Consents and Pollution Prevention activities.
- Sustainable Development and Infrastructure including Sustainable Transport, and Sustainable Regional Development activities. This includes the work we do within the region to lead and promote economic development.
- Flood Protection and Control Works īncluding Rivers, Drainage and Flood Management activity.
Kaituna Catchment Control scheme are calculated using a combination of area and site charges for properties in the Kaituna Catchment. This rate part-funds the Kaituna Catchment Control work programme
Tauranga Passenger Transport targeted rates are calculated as a fixed charge per property for Tauranga city. This rate part-funds the Passenger Transport work programme.
For more information about this visit our Ten Year Plan page.
Rating Information Database
- The rating information database for Bay of Plenty Regional Council, and the Kaituna Catchment Control Scheme, is available for inspection at the offices of Tauranga City Council.
- Property owners may request in writing to Tauranga City Council, as Bay of Plenty Regional Council's rating agent, to withhold his or her name or postal address (or both) from the database.