Taupo District (Part) Rates Information
Taupo District Council administers rates on behalf of Bay of Plenty Regional Council. For questions regarding the payment of your rates, payment options, due dates, penalties or remission policy contact Taupo District Council: www.taupodc.govt.nz
For other queries contact us
What your rates pay for
General Rate (land value) and Uniform Annual General Charge
- Regional Leadership including Governance and Accountability, Strategic Policy, and Sustainable Communities activities. Examples of this are the work we do with our elected members, producing our strategies, policies and plans; providing regional parks; supporting our Environmental Enhancement Fund; and our role in Civil Defence Emergency Management.
- Natural Environment including Sustainable Land Management, Sustainable Water Management, Sustainable Coastal Management, Sustainable Air Management, Resource Regulation and Regional Monitoring. This work includes our biodiversity and biosecurity work; work on the Rotorua lakes; Resource Consents and Pollution Prevention activities.
- Sustainable Development and Infrastructure including Sustainable Transport, and Sustainable Regional Development activities. This includes the work we do within the region to lead and promote economic development.
- Flood Protection and Control Works īncluding Rivers, Drainage and Flood Management activity.
Rangitaiki-Tarawera river scheme rates are calculated by area for properties in the Rangitāiki-Tarawera catchment area. This rate part-funds the Rangitaiki-Tarawera river scheme work programme.
For more information about this visit our Annual Plan Funding Impact Statement
Rating Database Information
- The rating information database for Bay of Plenty Regional Council, and the Rangitaiki-Tarawera River Scheme, is available for inspection at the offices of Taupo District Council. (72 Lake Terrace, Taupo).
- Property owners may request in writing to Taupo District Council, as Bay of Plenty Regional Council's rating agent, to withhold their name or postal address (or both) from the database.