Kawerau District Rates Information
Kawerau District Council administers rates on behalf of Bay of Plenty Regional Council. For questions regarding the payment of your rates, payment options, due dates, penalties or remission policy contact Kawerau District Council: www.kaweraudc.govt.nz
For other queries contact us
What your rates pay for
General Rate (land value) and uniform Annual General Charge
- Integrated catchment management,
- Flood protection and control,
- Resource regulation and monitoring,
- Regional development,
- Regional planning and engagement,
- Emergency management, and
- Technical services
Rangitaiki-Tarawera river scheme rates are calculated by land area and the extent of service provided to part-fund the Rangitaiki-Tarawera river scheme work activity.
For more information about this visit our Long Term Plan 2015-2025 page.
Rating information database
- The rating information database for Bay of Plenty Regional Council, and the Rangitaiki-Tarawera Rivers Scheme, is available for inspection at the offices of Kawerau District Council. (Ranfurly Court, Kawerau)
- Property owners may request in writing to Kawerau District Council, as Bay of Plenty Regional Council's rating agent, to withhold their name or postal address (or both) from the database.