Click here to read about Te Oniao: http://www.nzherald.co.nz
Click here to view Te Oniao conference photos
Te Ōniao conference
“E ngā mana, e ngā reo, e ngā whakaihu waka o tēnā iwi, o tēnā hapū, o tēnā rōpū hāpori, huri noa i ngā rohe o Te Moana a Toi me Te Kaunihera ā-rohe o Waikato, nau mai, piki mai ki te wānanga arā ki Te Ōniao.”
It is our privilege to host Te Ōniao showcasing the significance of ‘Te Mauri o Te Wai’ in the Bay of Plenty and Waikato regions. Te Ōniao is a conference for Māori of the Bay of Plenty and Waikato regions, where knowledge, skills and experiences can be shared based around the theme of ‘Te Mauri o Te Wai’.
TE KAUPAPA O TE WĀNANGA
‘Te Mauri o Te Wai’ was chosen to highlight the significance of the fresh water space and its importance to Māori. Some of the speakers include Tamati Kruger, Linda Te Aho, Willie Te Aho, Chris Battershil, Roku Mihinui, Gina Mohi, Taparoto Nicolson, Caine Taiapa, Antoine Coffin, Bill Kerrison, Celia Witehira, Bridge Baily, Lara Burkhardt, Rahui Papa and Rangi Matamua.
NGĀ WHĀINGA O TE WĀNANGA
- To demonstrate manaakitanga for the contributions made by Māori (koha to the community)
- To share knowledge, resources and ideas to build capacity within iwi/hapū
- To enable and facilitate innovation and excellence
- To showcase Māori resource management
- To engage iwi/hapū within the Bay of Plenty and the Waikato region
- Facilitate kōrero, networking and relationship building
Registrations for the conference have now closed. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
Download the poster here and check out the timetable here.