Rangitaiki River Forum
Rangitaiki River Forum Terms of Reference (515 KB, pdf) - Adopted by Council 15 November 2016
For more information on the Forum check out Rangitaiki River Forum - About Us.
- Chairperson - Maramena Vercoe (Te Runanga o Ngati Manawa)
- Deputy Chairperson - Earl Rewi (Te Runanga o Ngati Whare)
- Bay of Plenty Regional Council - Councillors Tiipene Marr, Kevin Winters, Bill Clark, David Love (Alternate)
- Ngati Tuwharetoa (BOP) Settlement Trust - Rev Graeme Te Rire, Elaine August (Alternate)
- Te Runanga o Ngati Awa - Miro Araroa, Tuwhakairiora O'Brien (Alternate)
- Te Runanga o Ngati Manawa - Dr Byron Rangiwai (Alternate)
- Ngati Hineuru - Ivy Kahukiwa Smith, David Jones (Alternate)
- Te Runanga o Ngati Whare - Earl Rewi, Te Waiti Rangiwai (Alternate)
- Whakatane District Council - Councillor George Johnston, Mayor Tony Bonne (Alternate)
- Taupo District Council - Councillors Tangonui Kingi, Rosie Harvey (Alternate)
The purpose of the Forum (as set out in Ngāti Manawa Claims Settlement Act 2012 and the Ngāti Whare Claims Settlement Act 2012) is the protection and enhancement of the environmental, cultural, and spiritual health and wellbeing of the Rangitāiki River and its resources for the benefit of present and future generations.
Rangitaiki River Forum Model Standing Orders (99 KB, pdf)
2017 Meeting Schedule
|Tuesday 21 March 2017
||Te Runanga o Ngāti Whare, 1188 Old State Highway 38, Murupara
|Thursday 15 June 2017
||CMR1 & CMR2, Bay of Plenty Regional Council, 5 Quay Street, Whakatane
|Friday 18 August 2017
|Friday 10 November 2017
Agendas and Minutes
Note: all minutes are draft until confirmed at a subsequent meeting of the Forum.