Land Use Futures Board
The Land Use Futures (LUF) Board was an independent group of Rotorua lakes landowners and stakeholders appointed by the Rotorua Te Arawa Lakes Strategy Group for a three-year term, 2007-2010.
The primary purpose of the Land Use Futures Board was to give leadership to and advise on implementing sustainable land use management and change in the Rotorua Lakes catchments.
Land use change and sustainable management will help achieve the land-based component of nutrient reduction targets defined through various lake action plans. Sustainability includes the economic, social, cultural and environmental well being of a community.
Bay of Plenty Regional Council provided in-kind support towards the Board.
- Terms of Reference (38 KB, doc)
- Bill Cleghorn - Chairman Land Use Futures Board
- Tom Walters - Te Arawa Federation of Māori Authorities
- Roku Mihinui - Chief Executive Officer, Te Arawa Lakes Trust
- Neil Heather
- Tina Ngatai - Kaiwhakahaere a rohe, Maori Trust Office Waiariki
- Warwick Murray - Group Manager Land Management, Bay of Plenty Regional Council
- Dr. Nick Edgar - CEO, NZ Landcare Trust
- Peter Guerin - Chief Executive, Rotorua District Council
- John Ford - Highlands Station
- Mike Bramley - Environment Extension Specialist, DairyNZ
- Chris Sutton
- Kit Richards - Forestry industry representative, PF Olsen Ltd
- Stuart Morrison
- Barnett Vercoe - Onuku Maori Lands Trust
- Lee Matheson - Perrin Ag Consultants Ltd
Greg Corbett - Manager Land Resources (Rotorua), Bay of Plenty Regional Council
Agendas and Minutes
- 8 September 2010 - Land Use Futures Board Minutes (29 KB, pdf)
- 8 September 2010 - Land Use Futures Board Agenda (190 KB, pdf)
- 4 August 2010 - Land Use Futures Board Agenda (859 KB, pdf)
- 14 July 2010 - Land Use Futures Board Agenda (200 KB, pdf)
- 9 June 2010 - Land Use Futures Board Agenda (370 KB, pdf)
- 12 May 2010 - Land Use Futures Board Agenda (167 KB, pdf)
- 14 April 2010 - Land Use Futures Board Agenda (265 KB, pdf)
- 10 March 2010 - Land Use Futures Board Agenda (1.2 MB, pdf)
- 10 February 2010 - Land Use Futures Board Agenda (72 KB, pdf)